Olympic Eventing Team For Ireland Announced
Horse Sport Ireland has nominated the combinations to represent Ireland in eventing at the London Olympic Games to the Olympic Council of Ireland.
The combinations, in alphabetical order, are:
- Aoife Clarke - Master Crusoe (Owner Lily White Syndicate)
- Mark Kyle - Coolio (Owners Ronnie Bartlett & Mark Kyle)
- Joseph Murphy - Electric Cruise (Owners Noel Good, Jill Andrews & A O’Callaghan)
- Michael Ryan - Ballylynch Adventure (Owners: Carol & Tom Henry & Sheila Foley)
- Camilla Speirs - Portersize Just a Jiff (Owners Bridget & Camilla Speirs)
- 1st Reserve Capt Geoff Curran - Shanaclough Crecora (Owner Minister for Defence)
- 2nd Reserve Sam Watson - Horseware Bushman (Owners John & Julia Watson & Tom MacGuinness)
The combinations were selected by Ginny Elliot, Horse Sport Ireland's Eventing High Performance Manager.
The seven selected horses are all Irish Sport Horses.
The nominations were forwarded to the OCI today (Wednesday) following the expiry of the date for lodging appeals under HSI Olympic selection appeals procedure.
The eventing competition at the games takes place from July 27th to July 31st.
Ireland has also qualified two show jumpers, one dressage rider and one Modern Pentathlete for the games, along with a Paraequestrian team of four riders.